WHAT IS THE COURSE ABOUT
If you think that attending any service that provides chemsex support is out of the question for whatever reason, and if you want to learn some skills and have some tools to take the control back over your Chems use, exploring ways to get over the biggest obstacles that you always find.
CONTROLLING CHEMSEX is working really hard to find the resources that we need to develop a FREE COURSE ONLINE, for you to get support anonymously and so you can learn from and have some very practical tools to address any issue that you can see because of chemsex.
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS ONLY THE UNITS THAT INTEREST YOU, and the course will have two modalities:
- COURSE FACILITATED BY A CHEMSEX SPECIALIST ADVISOR, who will facilitate a unit a week teaching these tools, with other anonymous attendees. It is based on the on the format of an online Chat Room, without any requirement to show faces or names to make things easier for those who feel paranoid or who are scared of cameras. All that is required is the use of a nickname. This modality of the course will give the possibility to discuss specific issues with the facilitator, to share experiences and challenges with other attendees, etc. Duration: 8 weeks, 1.5 h/week.
- COURSE TO DO IT ON YOUR OWN. This option will be particularly interesting for those who are not available at the time when the facilitated course is running or for those who prefer to do it on their own, independently, whenever they are ready, etc. It will offer the same materials, exercises and homework, and they will be able to contact the Chemsex Help line in case that they need any support while they do it.
- UNIT 1: HOW TO EXPLORE AND IDENTIFY GOALS
- What’s the meaning of 'taking the control back'?
- Dealing with ambivalence.
- Stopping? Cutting down? Making changes? How to set realistic and manageable goals.
- UNIT 2: HOW TO MANAGE CRAVINGS – HOW TO AVOID UNPLANNED SESSIONS
- How cravings work.
- What works and what doesn’t work to overcome cravings.
- Setting up strategies and learning new tools to address them effectively.
- UNIT 3: HOW TO IDENTIFY TRIGGERS, TO GET OVER THEM
- Different kind of triggers: Internal triggers and external triggers. Emotional triggers, situational triggers and chemical triggers.
- How to preview triggers and how to prepare an action plan.
- UNIT 4: HOW TO IMPROVE THE RELATIONSHIP THAT YOU HAVE WITH YOURSELF WHEN CHEMSEX IS PRESENT
- Shame, guilt and regret in the chemsex world.
- How self esteem is affected by chemsex and how to recover it.
- UNIT 5: HOW TO RECONNECT WITH JOY WITHOUT DRUGS INVOLVED
- Identifying ways to make your life more exciting.
- Challenges and how to prepare an strategy.
- UNIT 6: HOW TO RE-CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
- Exploring challenges and ways to overcome them.
- Resources available.
- Action plan.
- UNIT 7: HOW TO RE-ENGAGE WITH SOBER SEX
- Exploring intimacy.
- With who? When? To do what?
- UNIT 8: HOW TO LIVE A BALANCED LIFE
- Awareness of vulnerability.
- How to address relapses if they happen.
- How to keep motivated.